Shipping a Car Overseas from USA
Shipping via RoRo or Inside the Container Cars, Trucks, Boat, Heavy Machinery
RoRo shipping is one of the most popular and economical methods for shipping vehicles overseas. Roll-On Roll-Off is commonly used by many of the major car companies. Your car or other vehicle is driven onto a RoRo ship and safely secured with special equipment. RoRo services are fast, safe, and most affordable. Ro-Ro vessels are like huge, floating, multilevel in-door parking lot, sailing between the US East Coast, Northern Europe, Asia, Australia and elsewhere. In addition to the international shipping of personally owned vehicles, passenger cars, SUV's, trucks, buses, ambulances, dump trucks, tractor trailers and other self propelled vehicles.
Overseas RO-RO shipping service is an alternative to shipping wheeled vehicles that can fit into seafreight containers: cars, boats on trailers, smaller wheeled constriction machines etc. If you are shipping to overseas oversized wheeled cargo, such as heavy trucks, trailers, cranes, excavators, railway carriages etc, then using a RO-RO seafreight carrier is the only one solution for your overseas ocean freight shipment
Important Ro-Ro Vehicle Shipping Information
There are no standards in the Ro-Ro international ocean freight rates structure for shipping vehicles from the USA Ro-Ro. Shipping cost differs depending on type of vessels and Ro-Ro international ocean freight carrier's standards
For export cars from the USA, international Ro-Ro ocean freight rates depend on make, model and year of cars. However, actually these cars's Ro-Ro ocean freight rates are based on its overall volume as well. Ro-Ro international shipping companies had created and use in its practice special ocean freight rates, which refer to overall volumes of cars shipped from US based on it make, model and year information.
Vehicles shipped from the USA will be measured at a Steam Ship Line, Direct international shipping company pier. If dimensions will differ from the dimensions given by the shipper at a time of booking of his/her international Ro-Ro shipment, then additional shipping cost will apply on the total shipping coast initially quoted. That's why it is wary important that given dimensions are correct at the time of getting quote from shipping company.
As long as a shipper provides make, model and year of vehicle, the total volume in CBF or CBM may be defined directly by the international shipping company and ocean freight per CBF or CBM offered for the calculation of total shipping cost of the Ro-Ro ocean freight.
Common Mistakes When Exporting Cars
- Be aware of origin and destination charges, which may not be included in an ocean freight rate.
- Do not confuse international ocean freight services on shipping cars from US offered by an international shipping company with a service from an international moving company.
- Original titles for cars imported from the USA must be presented at the destination.
- Shipper's responsibilities on filing shipping documents for shipping cars from US using international ocean freight service
Common Used Shipping Documents Required When You Ship a Vehicle Overseas
- The original title along with at lest three copies (non-notarized) of the title, front and back.
- Liens against the vehicle (if applicable), a notarized letter from the lienholder authorizing the export of the vehicle exported from U.S.
- Bill of sale (if applicable)
- Power of attorney to the person or company that represents the vehicle's owner before customs (if applicable)
- International ocean freight Bill of Lading - Carrier's transport document. The title on shipped goods. Shows cargo routing, consigner, consignee, cargo description, etc.
Logisticargo USA Makes Vehicle Shipping Easy
We assist you with all of your RORO shipping needs and make your vehicle shipping easy. As you can see, pretty much anything that rolls, or can be put on wheels, can be shipped on a RORO vessel. Cars, Trucks, Trailers, Yachts, Autos, Buses, Big Trucks, Heavy Construction Equipment, Agricultural Equipment, Mobile Homes etc.